Friday, March 15, 2013

An indication

With social media websites like Twitter or Facebook, one can enjoy anonymity he or she wants - especially if one is a PLHIV.  You can have one real account and an alter-ego account.  I only have one real account each in Facebook and Twitter. I don't keep an alternate account for my "other" self - the PLHIV side of me.

The number of poz accounts on Twitter, as I observed, have grown the past 2 years. I joined Twitter in 2009 so I'm marking my 4th year on that website this year.

The poz accounts I've seen do not have the real pic of the owners as expected. It's either a caricature or some other photo. That's understandable because PLHIVs would rather keep their identity secret, considering the stigma and discrimination attached to those positive of the virus.

The increase in the number of poz accounts in Twitter also seems to reflect the growing number of PLHIVs in the country. Creating an alternate account is good because PLHIVs still need to interact or communicate with others, albeit online, under the cloak of anonymity or without baring their status. Talking it over, ranting or simply expressing one's thoughts on Twitter, or even on a blog (like I do in this blog), can help a PLHIV move on and accept his or her status.

So, if you need someone to talk to, just drop me a line here or via my email account and I will reply. :)

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete