Monday, October 11, 2010

Anxious

Come Friday will be my 2nd CD4 count. Along with it, I will also have my CBC since my hemoglobin count had been low last May, June and July - it was in the 120s range. Thankfully, my CBC went up last month to 135.

What is CD4 anyway and what role does it play in the body? About.com defines CD4 cells as cells that have molecules called CD4 on its surface. The same website also says CD4 cells, otherwise known as "helper" cells, initiate the body's response to invading micro-organisms such as viruses.

From my first CD4 count of 315, I am keeping my fingers crossed that my CD4 has gone up. ChemistryGuy told me that efavirenz, one of the antiretrovirals that I am taking, helps boost the CD4 count. Well, I hope so but I also learned that there has to be some effort also on the part of the pozzie to help it go up e.g., getting enough sleep, taking vitamins, evading too much stress, and eating well.

I see to it that I get enough sleep, I eat well and take vitamins. However, my work sked (I am on night shift) might affect my CD4 count. And I haven't been exactly free from stress and emotional turmoil the past few months.

Well, let's wait and see. And if my CD4 count has fallen, I am confident of the intervention that the doctor would prescribe for me to help it go up before my 3rd CD4 count scheduled in April next year.

3 comments:

  1. I do hope everything goes well. Just stay happy, and everything starts from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! =) Be happy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks canonista and iamhivpositive. i appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete