Thursday, August 5, 2010

It feels good

As soon as I settle down in my desk when I arrive in the office, I always check my emails first before I browse local and foreign news websites, Philippine-based forums, Facebook, and of course my blog. In one of my email accounts, it was a pleasant surprise to receive a letter from a new pozzie who had just read my blog.

It warmed my heart when he said he was inspired by my posts and somewhat found comfort as he comes to terms with his status.

As someone who has made it a personal mission to engage in HIV awareness in whatever way he can and help out other pozzies as well, especially newbies, it feels so good when you get to help those with the same medical condition grapple with it and try to move on with life even if it is difficult at first.

I also give out information on HIV and related issues when needed. I don't claim to be an expert on HIV as I am still learning new things about it day by day but whatever I learn, I share it.

It's been more than four months since I learned about my status. I still have moments of depression and I still suffer from minor ailments/setbacks either due to adjustment to the antiretrovirals or my CD4 may have dropped due to my work schedule. But I see to it that I get over my depression or get medical treatment when necessary. I get to encounter problems related to my medical condition but I get over them after awhile.

When those "bad times" strike, I remind myself of my advocacy to help others and how lucky I still am for having learned about my status early so whatever physical discomforts and problems I am going through will come to pass. Above all, I bask in the support and love of my family, partner, and friends, all of whom help me make it through whenever I am down.

3 comments:

  1. Good job! Hey, I haven't read a thing or two from you for a while. How have you been?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Canonista!

    Thanks. I am doing fine. I just couldn't find anything to write about lately until that letter from a newbie came along. Previous to that, I did write something about my life as fit to be made a movie. Hehe.

    I hope you are doing okay - health-wise I mean. And I know you are inspired and happy. ;)

    Juan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Juan,

    Thank you for always being there. I love this entry! Hehe...

    Maccoy

    ReplyDelete