Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A positive Christmas

Christmas 2010.

This will be my 1st Christmas as a person living with HIV (PLWHIV). So much has happened from last March 26 when I came out reactive in a rapid test to April 12 when I got my confirmation and up to this day - two days before Christmas.

Early March - I contracted pneumonia and was hospitalized for five days. This was what finally prompted me to take the HIV test.
Early to late May - I suffered from fever and allergies caused by the ARV I first took.
June to early December - I occasionally sustain moderate hair follicle infections (folliculitis) as my body started adjusting to the ARVs and also due to stress.

On a positive note though,I see Christmas this year in a different light. My previous Christmases was just a season of parties, fun, camaraderie and bonding with my family, partner and friends. Christmas 2010 something I should treasure a lot and be very thankful for that I am still celebrating it because my bout with pneumonia last March could have ended my life back then.

I hope to see more Christmases ahead despite my medical condition. :)

Happy Christmas everyone!

2 comments: