Sunday, December 12, 2010

Thank you G. Till we meet again....

I woke up very early Monday morning and read a text message from a pozzie friend asking if it was true that G, a common friend of many pozzie friends of mine since he is a strong and reliable supporter of the HIV-positive community even if he is negative of the virus, was killed late Sunday night. I replied and said I would find out and I did.

Another poz friend of mine called me up to break the news. What happened was that G's brother was ganged upon and when G fought back, he got stabbed twice - one in the chest near the heart and at the back. He was rushed to the hospital but efforts to revive him failed. I wept after the call. My partner, who was asleep, woke up and I relayed the news and hugged me. He knows G.

G was one of the few people I met when I went to the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM) the first time to have my first CD4 count and for my profiling last April 16. He was such a jolly guy and very friendly. He made me feel at ease. The next time G and I bumped into each other was at the lounge for pozzies during one of my visits at RITM, and then at the birthday of Doctor Ditangco held in her resthouse in Tagaytay sometime last June. We shared a lot of good moments and so many laughs during our overnight celebration of Doctora D's birthday. That was last time I saw him since I got busy at work and whenever I'd go to RITM, I don't get to catch G there anymore. He did invite me and other pozzies to visit his barbershop in Las Pinas but I never got the chance...

G, wherever you are right now, rest in peace and i love you, my dear friend. I will be missing you a lot but we will surely meet again in the afterlife. Godspeed...

No comments:

Post a Comment