Thursday, February 7, 2013

BTDT

And what the heck is BTDT, some of you out there would ask?

It's "been there, done that." I came across that acronym for an oft-repeated phrase in a recent conversation with a friend.

I use the acronym BTDT to refer to the aggressiveness of newly-diagnosed PLHIVs in helping stem the rising cases of HIV and Aids through counselling, pushing for taking a HIV test and blogging.

It's actually nice to see more and more PLHIVs blogging about their experience, sharing info and even advice especially to those newly-diagnosed.  I too went through that stage until work took up most of my free time especially after I got promoted and was moved to daytime schedule.  Writing down your thoughts can help one cope with and accept one's status, especially if you've just learned about it.

So, I can say I've "been there, done that."

Now it's time for the others to "shine". :D

No comments:

Post a Comment