Tuesday, February 12, 2013

How do I explain my need for a CF1 document

Every three months or at regular intervals, PLHIVs like me who visit their government-run treatment hub (THs) need to present the Philhealth CF1 (Claim Form 1) to be able to avail of the OHAT package that Philhealth gives so as to get free antiretrovirals and undergo lab tests free of charge.

And a common predicament faced by PLHIVs who ask for it from their administrative or human resources department is how to explain why the need to secure the document.

Luckily for me, I head the administrative/HR department of our company so I just fill up the CF1 form and have it signed by our general manager. No questions asked of me but I tell my boss what the CF1 is for. But what about those who need to explain  to their administrative or HR officers?

Here are 2 tips I can share:

*Explain that you are paying for the Philhealth contribution of a dependent (parent, unemployed sibling, wife or kid) so you need to get it every 3 months.  I use this as reason.

*You need to present the CF1 form for your regular checkup.  Ask your TH to make a document stating that you need to undergo a checkup every three months for a respiratory ailment or anything the doctor or TH staff can think of without giving away your HIV status.

I hope this can be of help to you out there who need a reason to explain the need for a CF1.

2 comments: