Monday, April 12, 2010

Let the race, I mean, tests begin!

Still groggy after having had a few hours of sleep only since I came home from work past 1 a.m, I woke up five minutes before 5:45 a.m. today to get ready to go to the Manila Public Health Department infront of San Lazaro Hospital to undergo several laboratory tests to check my blood composition and for any viral ailments I may have and I do hope I don't have any.

Ate Lucy of the Manila Social Hygiene Clinic had told me yesterday to be at the health department before 7:30 a.m. so I won't be caught by the rush of people. Good thing there were just a few people ahead of me and had picked up a priority number when I arrived. In less than an hour, about 50 other people came after me and the place became stiflingly hot so I decided to wait outside. In my mind, I was hoping that this won't be the situation I would encounter every ime I needed to undergo certain tests.

After paying for the laboratory tests, off I went to the laboratory where a blood sample was taken from me. I also submitted a urine sample for their analysis. The test results will be available tomorrow. However, since not all tests that I had to undergo were not available at the health department, I was referred to a private clinic where still another blood sample was taken from me and I can pick up the results tomorrow as well. And I was done for the day.

Famished from having no food or liquid since 12 midnight last night since I was required to fast prior to the laboratory tests, I went to a nearby fastfood outlet and gorged on as much food as I could take. I looked as if I haven't eaten for days. Haha.

So tomorrow, I will be referred to the Department of Health's Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM) in Alabang where I will submit the laboratory test results. I hope to meet other "pozzies" (slang for HIV positive individuals) there. I may undergo counselling there and more lab tests, if needed. More tests, you ask?!! Yeah! Bring it on! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment