Sunday, April 25, 2010

Touching base

In the first few days after I learned that I was "poz", I wanted to meet other "pozzies" to share my thoughts and feelings and learn a thing or two about the virus in me and how to live with it. I was impatient, almost desperate to bond with those from the "poz" community.

When I went to RITM for my 1st visit last April 16 with O of Pinoy Plus (considered as my "adoptive mother" since he was the one who accompanied me there, I met fellow "pozzies" Shola, M, J and G (who I learned much, much later wasn't 'poz' at all - he just liked staying in RITM and bonding with the 'pozzies'). After April 16, I wasn't able to meet other "pozzies" much as I wanted to. They were either busy or our schedules won't meet since I work at night so I had to contend with exchanging messages with them over at Facebook or through email and SMS.

Today (Sunday) afforded an opportunity for me to meet fellow blogger Lucky Trese or D, who I have been exchanging texts the previous days. My partner and I met D for coffee in Seattle's Best at the Mall of Asia (MOA) at 3 p.m. Such a nice guy, fun to be with. The conversation my partner and I had with D was very enlightening. Time flew so fast that it was almost dinnertime. J, who I already met at RITM, later joined us. Inside MOA, we bumped into H, JS (a fellow pozzie from Cebu) and G. I had been wanting to meet H so it was a pleasant surprise to finally do so today.

D, J, my partner and I decided to have dinner in Super Bowl, after which we decided to call it a day

It was a very nice day today. Not only did I get to meet D but I got to bond anew with J and was able to meet H and JS. I am looking forward to meeting other "pozzies" in the weeks to come. :)

2 comments: